The realm of dentistry has been permanently transformed by the Invisalign treatment. It offers a discreet and painless way to achieve straighter teeth. Our dentists at Belmont Dentistry offer comprehensive information on the workings of Invisalign treatment in this blog.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a brand of clear plastic aligners worn over the teeth like retainers to straighten them out slowly. The cost of Invisalign is justified because of the benefits it brings. Traditional braces are custom-made to be worn for a few weeks or months, but Invisalign aligners offer a clear alternative. Your Scottsdale dentist will create new aligners as your teeth move into the desired position. It’s a method that avoids all of the disadvantages of metal braces. Because it adjusts your teeth all at once rather than one at a time, Invisalign gives you a straighter smile faster than traditional metal braces.
Steps Of An Invisalign Procedure
Invisalign is the most well-known orthodontics brand for clear aligners, a speedier way to straighten your teeth. Because they are detachable, brushing and flossing them is simple. Except when eating or drinking, the aligners will be worn every day and night. Your dentist in Scottsdale has included all of the necessary stages for Invisalign treatment.
- Meeting with your Scottsdale dentist is the first step in the treatment procedure. The dental care professional will inspect your smile and create a personalized digital treatment plan that details your smile’s transformation.
- Your dentist in Scottsdale will take a digitized scan of your teeth and x-rays of your jaw.
- To produce the clear plastic Invisalign trays, the dentist will make a model of your teeth.
- To complement your aligners, your dentist may utilize tooth-colored attachments or fasteners.
- Wear your aligners 24 hours a day, seven days a week (typically for approximately six to 18 months). It’s important to know that getting used to your Invisalign aligners could take several days. You may have a minor lisp until your tongue adjusts to the trays. Most likely, you’ll feel some pressure, which indicates that your aligners are operating.
- Your dentist may schedule an appointment with you to ensure that the aligners are comfortable.
- Every week or two, you’ll go to the dentist to get a fresh set produced as your teeth alter (or as recommended by your dental care professional).
- You may need extra aligners or adjustments to create the best possible alignment and smile after your treatment.
- Your dental hygienist may prescribe wearing a retainer after your procedure to prevent your teeth from shifting back.
It’s best to follow your orthodontist’s recommendations for how long you should wear clear aligners each day. Clear aligners are typically worn for 20 to 22 hours per day. This, however, varies according to the circumstances. As your teeth change, you’ll need new aligner trays every two weeks, so Invisalign starts working as soon as you put them in your mouth. You should come to our office right away if you’re in any discomfort.
We hope this blog has helped you to learn more about Invisalign. Get in touch with us at Belmont Dentistry for the best Invisalign treatment in Scottsdale AZ.
Being in the field of modern dentistry for quite a notable period of time, we often come across questions related to Invisalign here at Belmont Dentistry. This is the sole reason why we wanted to provide you with a blog that will mostly focus on discussing the benefits of getting Invisalign over other orthodontic options such as traditional braces. Therefore, if you have queries related to this particular topic, do give this blog a read.
Before discussing the perks of using clear braces or Invisalign, you should be aware of what it actually is. Well, it is a specific type of orthodontic treatment that uses smooth plastic braces in order to achieve a perfect smile. Invisalign is considered to be one of the most effective options when it comes to people suffering from problems such as a slight misalignment in their teeth such as underbite, overbite, crossbite, etc. As mentioned before, the treatment is executed with the usage of clear plastic aligner trays which gradually move the teeth into a proper alignment.
Advantages of using Invisalign
Let us know to address the elephant in the room. You must be eager to get a clear understanding of the advantages of choosing Invisalign over traditional braces. Go through the pointers below and fulfill your quench of knowledge.
- The primary factor is the comfort that can be enjoyed in case you go for Invisalign. The clear braces or invisalign are made up of plastic which makes them much easier to carry if compared with the metal braces. They are handcrafted with the aim of fitting your teeth in a perfect manner. The braces have no sharp edges which naturally nullifies the chances of getting hurt.
- Invisalign is also better looking if compared with traditional metal braces. They are almost invisible and hence don’t have any negative impacts on your overall appearance. Whereas the usage of traditional braces can lead to the display of awkward metal chunks.
- You will also be surprised to know that undergoing Invisalign treatment is also less time-consuming than other orthodontic options such as traditional metal braces.
- The clear braces are also safer than traditional metal braces. The traditional braces consist of wide and protruding bits of metal that can scratch or puncture the insides of the gums and mouth. Invisalign is made of clear and smooth plastic which nullifies your chances of getting hurt.
- It also helps to maintain your oral hygiene. It can be easily removed during the execution of tasks such as flossing or brushing. You can clean your teeth and pop the clear braces back in.
- You will also have to follow no restrictions on food in case of clear braces or Invisalign. This is not possible when it comes to conventional metal braces. So you can enjoy your food and also work on the teeth-straightening process.
- To add on, Invisalign is much more effective and yields results within a relatively short span of time if compared with metal braces.
You must have now gained an idea about why choosing Invisalign is a wise decision. People often hesitate to get clear braces due to the price. But trust us, investing in Invisalign is absolutely worth it. You can also financially plan your Invisalign treatment to avoid the tension related to expenditure.
If you are looking for a reliable dental clinic to undergo Invisalign treatment in or around Scottsdale, AZ, contact Belmont Dentistry. You can also find out about the other wide array of dental treatments that can be availed by you at our clinic. Thank you.
Invisalign treatment costs consist of clear tray braces made of Invisalign’s plastic blend in their manufacturing facilities. These personalized plastic aligners exert pressure on your teeth, gradually guiding them into an optimal position. A growing number of individuals prefer Invisalign treatment for achieving straighter teeth and a perfect smile. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners are discreet, easily adjustable, and more comfortable. If you desire to straighten your teeth without the inconvenience of metal braces, consider opting for Invisalign treatment.
If you are concerned about the cost of Invisalign treatment in Scottsdale AZ, then keep reading.
How much do Invisalign aligners cost?
The cost of Invisalign treatment depends on a wide range of factors, such as:
- Overall dental health needs
- The amount of work and time your teeth would need to become straight
- The geographical location along with the treatment cost on an average in your city
- The dentist’s fees depend on his credentials and experience
- If your insurance company covers the treatment cost or not, and, if it does, then to what extent
Usually, the average Invisalign treatment cost ranges from $3,000 to $7,000 or more. Moreover, some insurance plans cover the treatment cost up to a specific amount.
How can you save money on your Invisalign treatment?
When you compare Invisalign treatment to traditional metal braces, the former is an expensive option to straighten your teeth. But, you can always opt for programs and strategies that will help you better plan your Invisalign treatment financially by decreasing the cost of orthodontics. Some ways that will help you save money on your Invisalign aligners are as follows:
- Flexible spending accounts or FSAs: This account enables you to use a specific pretax amount from your salary for healthcare expenses. However, not all employers offer the FSAs, so you might have to check with your employer. Generally, FSA is a part of employee benefits packages.
- Health savings accounts or HSA: This account type allows you to set aside a specific amount of pretax salary amount for healthcare costs. These accounts function similarly to FSAs, but the difference is the amount in an HSA account can be carried forward to the next year in case you have not used it. Additionally, you should have a high-deductible health insurance plan.
- Payment plan: Most dental clinics these days have in-house payment plans in place to make dental treatment more affordable for their patients. A monthly payment plan will help you plan your treatment better and enable you to spread it out over a couple of months instead of paying the entire bill at once.
- Dental schools: You can also find dental schools in your area or city that might be offering discounted Invisalign treatment. Getting treated at a dental school would mean that you agree to allow dental students to treat you. However, a reputed dental school will always make sure that a certified dentist monitors the student during treatment procedures.
- Credit cards with no interest: Based on your credit score, i.e., regular payments before the due date, you can be eligible for a no-interest credit card, which can be your gateway to making Invisalign treatment affordable for you. A no-interest payment plan will help you stretch out your entire treatment cost into small monthly payments without any additional interest. However, you should ensure that your credit card does not have a deferred interest rate, as it will start charging interest on a balanced amount after the promo period.
- Children’s health insurance program or CHIP: If you are opting for Invisalign aligners for children or teenagers, you should check whether you qualify for government support for insurance to cover the Invisalign treatment cost. In case a kid’s orthodontics is affecting their overall health, the treatment cost might be covered.
Invisalign treatment costs may be more expensive than traditional braces. However, at Belmont Dentistry, we understand the importance of investing in your oral healthcare, as it is invaluable and has long-lasting benefits. To make planning your dental treatment easier, we provide various financial options. Moreover, our dental practice in Scottsdale, AZ has highly skilled dentists who specialize in Invisalign aligners. For further information, please feel free to contact us.